Re: Is maven 3.5.4-1 possible to get in stretch backports ?

Hi shirish,

Le 10/11/2018 à 20:04, shirish शिरीष a écrit :

> On the lines of openjdk-11 would it also be possible to see maven
> 3.5.4-1 in stable backports.

I agree that would be nice to have Maven 3.5 in Stretch, but I'm not
sure the backport is straightforward. I won't have the time to look into
it unfortunately.

> I was vowed to  see openjdk-11 in stable-backports -
> but am somewhat confused with the changes statement shared therein -
>
> Changes:
>  openjdk-11 (9.0.4+12-4~bpo9+1) stretch-backports; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Rebuild for stretch-backports.
>    * Temporary OpenJDK 9 build to bootstrap OpenJDK 10 in stretch-backports
>
> Shouldn't it have been OpenJDK 11 in there or another backport release
> is yet to come ?

Yes that's just the first step of the backporting. We have to backport
sequentially OpenJDK 9, then 10 and eventually 11. I'm currently waiting
for the mipsel and mips64el builds before uploading OpenJDK 10.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=openjdk-11&suite=stretch-backports

Emmanuel Bourg