Re: has anybody looked at adoptopenjdk

I have taken a quick look at their JCK scripts - including the other
testing bits that the JCK depends upon. They rely a lot on being able
to download stuff on the fly to build the necessary tools. It would
require splitting it in smaller parts and packaging the stuff they
use, might come down from 3 to 5 packages, but it is probably more. It
is doable, just something I was not interested in doing - my
motivation was to compare to the scripts I had for the JCK to see how
they were doing it.

One interesting bit that I couldn't quite understand from their
scripts is related to the fact that the JCK is supposed to be run
using an Oracle provided binary which is only available on amd64. This
requires a bit more complex setup when trying to run the JCK on other
arches as it involves remote agents. I couldn't find mentions of the
Oracle binary or the remote agents in their scripts, it seemed as if
they were using the JDK under test to run everything, which AFAIK is
wrong. Still, it was done under a very quick look so I might have
overlooked something. I also never got in touch with them to confirm
this, but I know some folks from that project and I would be surprised
if they haven't considered it.

Regards,
Tiago

--
Tiago Stürmer Daitx
Software Engineer

PGP Key: 4096R/F5B213BE (hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com)
Fingerprint = 45D0 FE5A 8109 1E91 866E  8CA4 1931 8D5E F5B2 13BE