Re: shouldn't openjdk-11-jre have maintainer as debian-java@lists.debian.org instead of openjdk@lists.launchpad.net and openjfx

Reply in-line :-

On 24/08/2018, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Shirish,

Hi Emmanuel,

> On 23/08/2018 16:09, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Wouldn't it better to have the maintainer be reflected to
>> debian-java@lists.debian.org perhaps ? IIRC there used to be an alioth
>> list which used to look at the maintenance before.
>
> debian-java@lists.debian.org is a discussion list. Using it in the
> maintainer field is undesirable since it would flood the list with many
> notifications. That why we use a separate list as maintainer
> (pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org for the Java packages, and
> openjdk@lists.launchpad.net for OpenJDK).

Right .

>> Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>> since the move to salsa. I have not been able to even seen the
>> pipermail at https://alioth-lists-archive.debian.net/pipermail/ so
>> it's all a bit confusing.
>
> Maybe you are looking for this?

Exactly, dunno how it escaped my eyes, do see that the mailing list
still functioning

Aha, so all alioth lists are/were not  dead.

was looking at https://alioth-lists-archive.debian.net/pipermail/

so there is still hope :), thank you for the link.

>> Lastly, does anybody have any ideas of the openjfx 11 roadmap, there
>> are early access builds at
>> https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Download
>
> There are blocking issues to resolve first, OpenJFX 11 requires a more
> recent version of Gradle than the one in sid currently.

Thank you for sharing that, I did see the gradle discussion on the
mailing list  web interface.

do see that there is either going to be lot  of midnight  burning oil
if we have to all the components working together before deep-freeze
sets in.

Btw, do you mean the gradle version in 'experimental' by any chance ?

$ apt-cache policy gradle
gradle:
  Installed: 3.4.1-7
  Candidate: 3.4.1-7
  Version table:
     4.4-1 100
        100 http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental/main amd64 Packages
 *** 3.4.1-7 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
        100 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Please let  me know as a user if I can contribute anything (testing or
something) so more feedback is generated.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल