Re: shouldn't openjdk-11-jre have maintainer as debian-java@lists.debian.org instead of openjdk@lists.launchpad.net and openjfx

Hi Shirish,

On 23/08/2018 16:09, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Wouldn't it better to have the maintainer be reflected to
> debian-java@lists.debian.org perhaps ? IIRC there used to be an alioth
> list which used to look at the maintenance before.

debian-java@lists.debian.org is a discussion list. Using it in the
maintainer field is undesirable since it would flood the list with many
notifications. That why we use a separate list as maintainer
(pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org for the Java packages, and
openjdk@lists.launchpad.net for OpenJDK).

> Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> since the move to salsa. I have not been able to even seen the
> pipermail at https://alioth-lists-archive.debian.net/pipermail/ so
> it's all a bit confusing.

Maybe you are looking for this?