Re: tomcat9 preview

Am 12.08.2018 um 19:52 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2018, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>> May I suggest that we turn this objection into more positive energy.
>
> Sure (given enough time; but as I need the Java stuff for $dayjob
> I can justify doing some of the work “on the clock”).
>
> I’m somewhat of an expert in shell scripting, and I use a lot of
> systemd-less systems.

[...]

Well, that's great! If you are really interested in making it work, you
could port the existing init script for Tomcat 8 to Tomcat 9. You don't
need to reinvent the wheel. Just test and report back if it works and
submit it as a merge request to the tomcat9 package. And then everyone
is happy ♥.

Cheers,

Markus