Bug#903913: ITP: eclipse-jdt-core -- Eclipse Java Development Tools Core
Owner: Emmanuel Bourg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : eclipse-jdt-core
Version : 4.7.3
Upstream Author : Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
* URL : https://www.eclipse.org/jdt/core/
* License : EPL-1.0
Programming Lang: Java
Description : Eclipse Java Development Tools Core
Eclipse JDT Core is the Java infrastructure of the Eclipse Java IDE.
* An incremental Java compiler. Implemented as an Eclipse builder, it is based
on technology evolved from VisualAge for Java compiler. In particular, it
allows to run and debug code which still contains unresolved errors.
* A Java Model that provides API for navigating the Java element tree.
The Java element tree defines a Java centric view of a project. It surfaces
elements like package fragments, compilation units, binary classes, types,
* A Java Document Model providing API for manipulating a structured Java
* Code assist and code select support.
* An indexed based search infrastructure that is used for searching, code
assist, type hierarchy computation, and refactoring. The Java search engine
can accurately find precise matches either in sources or binaries.
* Evaluation support either in a scrapbook page or a debugger context.
* Source code formatter.
The JDT Core infrastructure has no built-in JDK version dependencies, it also
does not depend on any particular Java UI and can be run headless.
This package will be maintained by the Java Team.