Re: Import git repo from alioth to salsa

Am 04.05.2018 um 15:26 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 04/05/2018 à 11:48, Markus Koschany a écrit :
>
>> I have converted all these packages and moved them to salsa.
>
> Thank you!
>
>> libjgraphx-java, libjrosetta-java, xmlbeans, c3p0 and colorpicker did
>> already exist.
>
> Do you know if the existing repositories were up to date? The SVN
> repository may have more changes if the Git repository wasn't used by
> lack of upload with the updated Vcs-* fields.

That's true. I didn't check whether the Git repository was up-to-date,
only if it existed. By looking at colorpicker I can see your suspicion
is confirmed. I would just import the latest version with gbp import-dsc
though and be done with it.

>> The only step left now is to import the current (and
>> maybe stable/olstable) packages into Git when someone works on them
>> again. Git-buildpackage and gbp import-dsc come in handy for that.
>
> Do you mean the packages removed from unstable, still in SVN, and never
> migrated to Git?

The SVN->Git conversion gives us only the debian directory with all its
changes and tags, provided releases were tagged. I usually import the
complete package with all source code afterwards. I haven't done this
automatically because sometimes you want to import older releases as
well not only the latest one and I thought I leave that decision to the
next uploader of the package. In some cases it may even make sense to
just commit the debian directory because Git is not very good at
handling large binary files (images/sounds/videos) but this use case is
very rare for the Java team.

Markus