Re: Updating BND to 3.x

Le 04/03/2018 à 15:41, 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan a écrit :
> I have been working on updating "bnd"[1] to 3.5.0. I had to say this time it is much smoother than what Markus did 2 years ago. Here is a summary of the progress so far:

Thanks a lot for tackling this transition!

> * All changes to "bnd" are now temporarily stored on Salsa [2]

For now I recommended updating the repository on alioth. I made good
progress on the Salsa migration, I'll post more on this later.

> * Tested reverse-build-dependencies on "bnd", "osgi-compendium" and "maven-bundle-plugin"
>   * 176 packages build successfully without modification
>   * 15 packages already FTBFS before my work:
>   * 4 packages need fixes:

The success rate is encouraging. Assuming maven-bundle-plugin works fine
I think the package can be uploaded to unstable.

> * Changed the artifact/group IDs to match the upstream
>   * E.g. biz.aQute:bnd => biz.aQute.bnd:biz.aQute.bnd

Did you also add a relocation of the old coordinates to the new ones?

> * "bnd" hardcodes its data directory as "~/.bnd" which causes errors under "fakeroot" [5]

I think setting the user.home property should allow you to change this
directory. gradle-debian-helper does that [1].

Emmanuel Bourg

[1]
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/gradle-debian-helper.git/tree/gradle-helper-plugin/src/main/perl/gradle.pm#n36