Re: Is it possible to run maven from a postinst mainscript?

Le 29/01/2018 à 17:17, Steinar Bang a écrit :

> What I would like to do, is to have the postinst script populate the
> missing jars into the system default repository using maven and the
> maven-dependency-plugin.

That doesn't seem legit to me, I think the package should provide (or
depend on) everything that is required to run the software without
pulling code from the network at install time. It's fine if the
application is downloading stuff later after the installation as its
normal way of operating though (such as Maven or Gradle downloading
artifacts to build a project).

>  1. Some of the dependencies aren't available as debian packages

They'll have to be packaged. What libraries are missing?

> 2. Some are packaged in debian, but in a different, and incompatible
>    version to what karaf needs (e.g. libfelix-framework-java)

These packages will have to be upgraded.

Emmanuel Bourg