Re: Do transitive dependencies need to be specified in the control file?

> I thought the unmet dependency was libjna-jni that was added by
> 'apt --fix-broken install'? And that this was a transitive depdenency?

I removed the versions from libjna-java and libjna-platform-java in
Depends in the control file:
 Depends: adduser, default-jre (>=2:1.8), libosgi-core-java (>=6), libjna-java, libjna-platform-java

After removing the versions and building a new package with
dpkg-buildpackage, then apt-get managed to resolve the transient
dependencies even from my improvised /tmp repo:
 root@lorenzo:~# apt-get install karaf
 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree
 Reading state information... Done
 The following additional packages will be installed:
   libjna-java libjna-jni libjna-platform-java
 Suggested packages:
   libjna-java-doc
   karaf libjna-java libjna-jni libjna-platform-java
 0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
 Need to get 968 kB/23.8 MB of archives.
 After this operation, 30.8 MB of additional disk space will be used.
 Do you want to continue? [Y/n]