Re: 'debian' version for libclojure-java?

Am 15.08.2017 um 02:46 schrieb Tom Marble:
> Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> writes:
[...]
>>> For the latter case should we create a new, versioned package
>>> like 'clojure-snapshot' ('libclojure-snapshot-java') or some such?
>>
>> It makes sense to create a new package like libclojure-snapshot-java in
>> this case. You can also upload new snapshot versions of clojure to
>> experimental if you don't require those version for anything being in
>> unstable. In this case you could avoid some work and you wouldn't have
>> to create a new source package.
>
> I like that idea! Are there suggestions on how to maintain
> the same source package, but have two targets in changelog,
> (and the two different pristine-tar's) e.g.... ?
>   1. libclojure-java (1.8.0-3) unstable; urgency=low
>   2. libclojure-java (1.9.0~alpha17-1) experiemental; urgency=low

I usually maintain two different Git branches, master -> unstable and
experimental -> experimental. You just have to be careful if you want to
upload the experimental branch to unstable one day. In this case all
changelog entries from unstable and experimental should be merged in
chronological order.

Markus