Re: freerouter is seeking for a maintainer

hi,

On 11/02/2017 04:32 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 2:24 AM, matecs wrote:

currently no effort is done from my side to reorganize the stuff in
a debian friendly way, but if you can could give me hints then i'll
do my best... currently the following is provided by me:

Have you considered storing your source code in a version control
system? git is the most popular one these days.
not you're the first who mention git to me...:)
my opinion on this topic is that it does not add anything to my life:
i have a source archive for a long time, changelog is auto-updated,
and i'm happy with these things.
anyway i've registered freerouter on github, but did not pupulated
the repo because of the above... but if help debian related things,
i can easily update my release scripts to replicate things to git,
but my current preference is not to do so, and fetch the source
from the mentioned url when the version bumped.

Some more tips for creating distro-friendly software are available here:

https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

thanks for the url, i've walked through the document, followed the links
in it and found so useful! fortunately i saw no issues within it which
discouraged me. my overall opinion is that freerouter is a greenfield
project from these aspects so some work will be done here and there..

regards,
cs