Re: freehep-graphics2d FTBFSs probably because of new maven libraries

Dear Emmanuel,

Il 25/09/2017 22:37, Emmanuel Bourg ha scritto:
> This is an issue with libfreehep-chartableconverter-plugin-java. I tried
> rebuilding the plugin without its two patches (the first one adds
> plexus-utils to the dependencies, but it's already provided by Maven.
> And the second patch adds the Class-Path attribute to the manifest, but
> this is useless for a Maven plugin) and I was then able to build
> freehep-graphics2d properly.
>
> I'm not sure to understand how the recent changes the Maven triggered
> this issue, but it looks like another example of how things can go wrong
> by adding a Class-Path attribute to all jar files.

Good, thanks. I'll upload a fix as you say. I do not remember at all why
I introduced those two patches at the time, but I am pretty sure that it
would not work without them (otherwise I definitely would not have
bothered). Or maybe it was overzealous lintian cleaning. However, good
to know they can be dropped.

Cheers, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani@gmail.com>
Postdoc researcher - Université Libre de Bruxelles

http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani