Re: lintian: does not warn about .class binaries

Hi,

A big +1 for everything what Emmanuel stated above with a special
emphasis on the following points:

* Thanks for improving Lintian!

* Please keep us in the loop about Java related Lintian changes. Perhaps
   we are not always able to provide code in a timely manner but we are
willing to provide feedback and assistance whenever possible.

* "modify source-contains-prebuilt-java-object to also detect .class
files": I believe this would be the appropriate Lintian tag for this
issue and severity info would be in order.

I stumbled about the this new Lintian tag a few days ago when I saw that
robocode emits 34 Lintian errors now. The class files are compiled from
source and just installed into a sample directory together with the
source files. Robocode is a Java programming game and working with
*.java and *.class files to understand the language makes sense.

In short there are too many false positives at the moment hence I would
like to suggest to lower the severity.

Regards,

Markus