Re: Notes from the DebConf 17 Java BOF

On 11 August 2017 at 23:06, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
> On 08/09/2017 02:50 AM, Tom Marble wrote:
>> [...]
>> 6. Autopkgtest
>>    - We should use this more
>>    - Can include built-in tests
>>    - We can (or autopkgtest already does) use 'ratt' to test reverse deps
>
> My understanding of autopkgtest was that it wasn't meant to execute the
> test suite already run at build time (i.e. mvn test). Maybe it could be
> used to run the Maven integration tests instead?

The perl team default autopkgtest reruns the test suite with the
installed package.  The only difference is that it removes all the
non-test units from the build tree to ensure that it uses the
installed library.

This could pick up packaging mistakes, but also picks up regressions
caused by dependencies since the tests would be rerun when anything in
the dependency chain is updated.

Carnë