Re: Surefire plugin

Am 21.07.2017 um 13:12 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 21/07/2017 à 12:57, Markus Koschany a écrit :
>
>> Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Adding junit4 to Build-Depends
>> works. I'm just wondering if it should be necessary because I disabled
>> the tests and also added junit to maven.ignoreRules. Is it somehow
>> possible to avoid adding junit4 to Build-Depends?
>
> Strictly speaking setting the maven.test.skip parameter to false doesn't
> disable the test phase, the execution of the tests is skipped but
> maven-surefire-plugin is still invoked.

Should we treat this as a bug in maven-debian-helper or as a Maven
feature? I believe most people would expect that either the tests are
completely "skipped" if maven.test.skip is set to true in
debian/maven.properties or that an ignore rule like

org.apache.maven.plugins maven-surefire-plugin * * * *

prevents the maven-surefire-plugin from being invoked?

> I think using an empty override_dh_auto_test target should do it. But I
> agree this shouldn't be necessary, I'll investigate.

I also thought that overriding dh_auto_test should do it but I just saw
that I already did that. Unfortunately the package still fails to build.

Markus