Re: PDFBox 2.0.6

Am 02.07.2017 um 01:29 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:

>> I can live with another package (that means there are eight new
>> dependencies for pdfsam at the moment). Then I go for
>> src:libpdfbox2-java and drop the libjempbox-java binary package for
>> this
>> source package.
>
> I recommend creating a libpdfbox1-java package instead, otherwise we'll be forced to create another package when the version 3 is released.

I don't think so. If a theoretical version 3 is released we use
src:libpdfbox-java again because at this point the jabref issue should
have been resolved. In general I think we don't gain anything
significant from this naming scheme. We have to put the same effort into
creating a new source package, here we create libpdfbox1-java instead of
libpdfbox2-java, and in addition we also have to update the
debian/control file in jabref while this is obviously unnecessary in the
libpdfbox2-java case.

IMHO the introduction of src:libpdfbox2-java is not a big deal and if
you really can't stand numbers greater than 0 or 1 (:-)), you can move
the content of src:libpdfbox2-java into src:libpdfbox-java again as soon
as jabref is fixed and request the removal of libpdfbox2-java. Problem
solved.

Regards,

Markus