Re: PDFBox 2.0.6

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 06:29:55PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:54:00 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
> > I dropped the libjempbox-java package because it is no longer
> > unsupported and was removed upstream. Apparently xmpbox is the successor
> > but I don't know if we have to build the module in order to replace
> > jempbox or if we can just live without it.
>
> jabref (build) depends on libjempbox-java.
> Maybe tony remembers if this will be the case for newer versions as
> well.

Currently it is the case that jabref not only needs jempbox, but cannot
transition to the version of xmpbox found in PDFBox 2.0.x due to the lack
of support for custom namespaces.  Oliver Kopp forwarded me a thread to
on this topic:

   https://github.com/JabRef/jabref/pull/1096

> > There were also lots of unapplied patches which I simply removed. The
> > copyright isn't complete yet and do we still have to do this
> > search&replace dance in debian/rules?
>
> You mean the cmap copying back and forth?
> Probably not (see below).
>
> And it looks like the whole repackaging needs an update:

Yes, I suspect it might be easier to start from scratch.

So, regarding the update, given that tika and jabref are the only
r-deps, and that tika is probably able to move forward, what do people
think about either moving the existing src:libpdfbox-java packages into
libpdfbox1-java or uploading PDFBox 2.x as libpdfbox2-java?

Cheers,
tony