Re: packaging from java maven

Hi,

Am 25.05.2017 um 20:20 schrieb Nada Gh:
> Hi,
>
> I have a java source that was built using maven without debian source.
> How can I generate debian source with all necessary tarballs for building?
>

> *I found two options, but couldn't implement them:*
>
> 1- Using (get-orig-source ) target in debian/rules.
>
> What specific code to insert, how to make sure of all dependencies?
> How to run the script, shall I use dpkg-buildpackage ?

This sounds like you are confusing a few things about packaging for
Debian. A get-orig-source target is solely for the purpose to retrieve
the original upstream sources and (in some cases) to repack and rid them
of non-free files. It is not intended to create a Debian compliant
package but to ease the retrieval of the original sources.

> 2- Using maven-debian-helper
> I tried to run (mh_make) but there are many missing dependencies!.
>

>  I hope to get some suggestions and systematic approach to solve this issue.

If your software uses the Maven build system then maven-debian-helper is
the appropriate tool to create a Debian package. Inspect your pom.xml
file and install all build-dependencies manually. Then run mh_make. If
mh_make chokes because it can't find some of the dependencies, try to
ignore it. Don't try to run the tests and javadoc targets which will
simplify the package creation a little.

If you need further help I suggest to post the output of mh_make
somewhere and please post a link to your upstream project.

Regards,

Markus