Re: RFS: smali-1/1.4.2-1 [ITP]

Markus Koschany:
> On 20.02.2017 09:03, 殷啟聰 wrote:
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> That makes sense, I'll rename it to libsmali-1-java and move it to
>> android-tools. Although I think it would also make sense if you had
>> put libsmali-java in pkg-java in the first place, since it's just a
>> Java library.
>
> Smali is a build-dependency of Apktool and was once included in its
> source tarball. Since both packages are Android specific I thought they
> would be a better fit in android-tools.

They do work with Android files, but the libraries themselves are
generic Java libraries. For example, they are used by plain Java apps to
work with Android apps and files.  We need them for LibScout, which is a
desktop Java app that scans APKs.  LibScout does not run on Android.

So like seamlik said, these libraries are really plain Java libraries.

When a package follows the team rules and can be used for things besides
building Android apps, then I think it makes the most sense to have them
in the most general team.  These two smali libs are good examples for
pkg-java.  The androguard package is a desktop python tool that only
works on Android apps.  That's in python-modules team, since it provides
Python modules for desktop apps.

.hc