Re: JavaCC update

Hi Benjamin,

Le 7/12/2016 à 17:46, Benjamin Mesing a écrit :

> Do you plan on updating javacc anytime soon?
> If not, do you see any obvious reasons, why an update might not be
> recommended (like any breaking changes in 6.x).

I didn't plan to upgrade javacc before the release of Stretch. I don't
know if JavaCC 6 has any breaking changes, but the upgrade to JavaCC 5
did introduce some regressions, I had to upload the javacc4 package
recently to solve such an issue with derby. Debugging grammar issues
isn't the funniest task and maintaining older versions of javacc is safer.

> I might have some spare time the next few weeks an could give updating javacc a try.

Ok, but be prepared to test the reverse dependencies, and maybe upload a
javacc5 package to address the compatibility issues.

Emmanuel Bourg