Re: Version failures creating a package with mh_make on Sid

Hi,

On 28.11.2016 00:04, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I'm trying to package dnssecjava (ITP 845371). I used mh_make on Jessie to
> do this and succeeded to upload a version to mentors. Emmanuel asked me to
> do the packaging on Sid instead, where I'm now failing.
>
> What I did so far:
> - apt install'ed maven-debian-helper and the required (Maven-)dependencies
> - Cloned my repo
> - Created a debian/sid branch based off the dnssecjava-1.1.3 tag
> - Run mh_make
>
> Now mh_make complains that it can't find
> org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.3.7. So far this makes sense, because
> Sid comes with version 2.5.4 of this plugin. Removing the version tag
> entirely (as you could with Maven 2) is apparently no longer a possibility
> and leads to this error:

mh_make is sometimes a little bit stubborn. Did you install
libmaven-bundle-plugin-java on your system? Make sure that it is listed
as a build-dependency in debian/control. maven-debian-helper
automatically replaces the 2.3.7 version number to the versionless
"debian" which we use to ease package upgrades.

>> Unresolveable build extension: Error resolving version for plugin
> 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin'
>
> Updating the plugin version in the pom.xml to 2.5.4 succeeds for the
> bundle-plugin, but leads to the next error:
>
>> Error resolving version for plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
>
> The resources plugin is not something I reference from my own pom. Both
> plugins are present at /usr/share/maven-repo. What am I missing here?

If you don't need maven-bundle-plugin you can ignore it with a
substitution rule in debian/maven.ignoreRules like

org.apache.maven.plugins maven-bundle-plugin * * * *

However I think libmaven-bundle-plugin-java is probably missing in
debian/control.

Regards,

Markus