Re: Tomcat 8 transition complete

Le 7/11/2016 à 07:47, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :

> AIUI we want to dump it into a Tomcat and be done with it,
> so that means Tomcat 8. Upstream said that it would work
> in Tomcat 8 after building it against Tomcat 7 when the
> Fedora packager complained about similar issues (I already
> fixed an API change in Jetty).

Ok I think I get it. There are actually 4 websocket implementations:
- Jetty 8
- Jetty 9.0.x
- Tomcat 7
- JSR 356

Jetty 9.1 and Tomcat 8 support the standard JSR 356 API, so this means
you can simply ignore the Jetty 8/9 and Tomcat 7 specific code. You can
safely patch guacamole/pom.xml and modify the configuration of the
maven-compiler-plugin to ignore the
org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.websocket.{jetty8,jetty9,tomcat}.*
classes. No other modification is required, the server specific
implementations are loaded dynamically in the TunnelModule class.
Alternatively you may remove the classes from the upstream tarball.

Emmanuel Bourg