Re: Gradle and transitive dependencies

Hello,

On 07.08.2016 11:11, Christopher Hoskin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to update the mongo-java-driver package to 3.3.0, using
> gradle-debian-helper.
[...]
> My questions are:
>
> 1) Why doesn't junit have a 'debian' version? Is this just an
> oversight or a deliberate decision?

We have two versions of Junit in the Debian archive, the 3.x series and
the 4.x series. They are not compatible. Thus we can't use a debian
version in this case. The maven.rule for Junit 4 is:

junit junit jar s/4\..*/4.x/ * *

https://sources.debian.net/src/mongo-java-driver/2.12.4-1/debian/maven.rules/

> 2) What is the correct way to handle this situation?

Build-depending on junit4 and using the above maven.rule.

Regards,

Markus