Re: Different Java library versions

Hi Markus,

Processing has a rather complex build system, so I've deliberately
avoided the packaging helpers and just added tasks to the upstream Ant
script, so the debian/rules file is just a simple wrapper around
build.xml. So far this has worked fine and I've got a working package;
I've been making sure it continues to obey the policies.

You say that javahelper would just create the unversioned symlink, so
does dpkg automatically handle conflicts between (say)
libprocessing3-java and libprocessing4-java if both provide
contradictory symlinks called /usr/share/java/processing-core.jar? Or
is there any action that I would need to take?

Thanks for your help,
George Bateman.