Re: Re: Circular dependencies when trying to backport antlr4

Hi Emmanuel, hi Andreas:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:10:15 +0200 Andreas Tille wrote
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 16:42, Emmanuel Bourg wrote
>> You won't be able to break this cycle by repeating an upload sequence of
>> versions previously uploaded to sid. You have to cheat and upload
>> stringtemplate4 first with the help of the antlr4 package manually
>> installed from sid. Then you can proceed and build antlr4.
>
> OK, I have put a copy of
>
>      libantlr3-runtime-java_3.5.2-5_all.deb
>
> into my local pbuilder repository (and a copy of
> bnd_2.4.1-4~bpo8+1_all.deb which is in backports new queue) and when
> trying to build antlr3 (branch debian/jessie-backports in git[1]) I get:

> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Building ANTLR 3 Maven plugin
> [INFO]    task-segment: [package, install, org.debian.maven:debian-maven-plugin:1.6.9:install]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:2.x
>
> (snip)
>
> [1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/antlr3.git

I've been looking at this too and wanted to ask a related question.
Seeing the missing dependency on plexus-compiler-api 2.x, I built
src:plexus-compiler-2.4 in the jessie chroot in order to satisfy the 2.x
dependency.

But now the build fails because maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1 cannot find
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:debian - notice that now
it's looking for the "debian" version of plexus-compiler-api.

I checked and the libplexus-compiler-java binary package only installs
maven artifacts for version 2.x and 2.4.  Is that intentional, or should
there be a debian version as well?  (And if not, is there some other way
to convince maven-compiler-plugin in jessie not to insist upon the
"debian" verison?)

Thank you,
tony