Re: RFS: stegosuite/0.7.3-1 [ITP]

Hi Markus,

thanks again for mentoring!

On 13.06.2016 21:21, Markus Koschany wrote:
> You could list all licenses in one file or, since we
> are almost done, just use debian/copyright in your own project which
> would make life for other people easier.
Makes sense. I'll do this later.

> https://github.com/StanfordHCI/c3/blob/master/LICENSE
>
> The license is missing in debian/copyright.
Thanks, you have good eyes! I just added it to debian/copyright.

> adapted from Sharma et al's MATLAB implementation at
> // http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~gsharma/ciede2000/
>
> I have no idea what has been adapted and if it is copyrightable.
I don't think it's copyrightable. Seems, they just took over a concept or at most a formula.

> some code in this class taken from:
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/992413/4862922
Not copyrightable at all, in my eyes. There isn't really any similarity anymore.

> Not every piece of code is copyrightable, so there might be a chance
> that there is no action required from our side. In any case I suggest to
> add a Comment: section to your main Files: * paragraph. It helps if you
> clarify these comments with a few words.
Hmm, a comment mentioning that some parts are adapted from stackoverflow?
Are there any other debian packages doing this?
And if it's not copyrightable, then why mentioning it in debian/copyright?

Regards,
Tobias