Re: RFS: stegosuite/0.7.2-1 [ITP]

Hello Tobias,

I intend to sponsor your package if we can resolve the remaining issues.

Please upload future versions of stegosuite to mentors.debian.net until
the package is officially accepted into Debian. We can later work from
the pkg-java Git repository directly.

Please change the Git VCS fields to the ones we use for the Java team, e.g.

Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/stegosuite.git
Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/stegosuite.git

We usually use three different branches, an upstream branch, a master
branch and a pristine-tar branch. The upstream branch only contains
upstream code whereas master provides the debian directory too.
git-buildpackage is a useful tool to simplify importing of new upstream
releases.

Debian requires that "Every package must be accompanied by a verbatim
copy of its copyright information and distribution license" [1]

debian/copyright is currently incomplete.

main/java/org/stegosuite/image/jpgtemp/james/*

These files appear to be licensed under BSD-3-clause

main/java/org/stegosuite/image/jpgtemp/net/f5/ortega/*

F5 Steganography Software by Andreas Westfeld 1999, without any license
information except a disclaimer. What is the license for those files?

Stegosuite fails to start on my system with the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not
load SWT library. Reasons:
	no swt-pi-gtk-4527 in java.library.path
	no swt-pi-gtk in java.library.path
	Can't load library: /usr/lib/jni/libswt-pi-gtk-4527.so
	Can't load library: /usr/lib/jni/libswt-pi-gtk.so
	Can't load library: /home/apo/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi-gtk-4527.so
	Can't load library: /home/apo/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi-gtk.so

	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:134)
	at org.stegosuite.ui.gui.Gui.<init>(Gui.java:46)
	at org.stegosuite.Stegosuite.main(Stegosuite.java:15)

I believe this is either due to a wrong or missing dependency or a buggy
start script or both.

Stegosuite depends on libswt-gtk-4-java which in turn depends on
libswt-gtk-4-jni. This package contains a library called
/usr/lib/jni/libswt-pi3-gtk-4527.so. Note the difference here to the
error message above.

You are probably build-depending on the wrong library,
libswt-gtk2-4-jni, too.

Please incorporate the desktop file and the man page in your upstream
project because they are useful for other distributions/people too.

Please add keywords to stegosuite.desktop.

What do you think about adding another subcategory to the desktop file
like: Categories=Graphics;ImageProcessing; ?

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apas02.html

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html