Dependencies packaged without POMs

Hello,

Some libraries (e.g. Jython) are packaged for Debian, but don't use Maven. In these cases it may be that nothing is installed into /usr/share/maven-repo.

How should Maven projects which reference such dependencies be packaged? According to the spec [0], <scope> and <systempath> should be used to reference such jars. But this appears not to work in practice ([1]).

I suspect I'm not the first person to want to reference a library without an entry in $REPO, so I'm wondering how this is normally handled?

Thanks.

Christopher

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoSpec,
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=723919