Re: gradle clean not called

Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> writes:

> Le 2/02/2016 13:20, Felix Natter a écrit :
>
>> "gradle clean" is not called when running "debian/rules clean".
>
> Hi Felix,

hello Emmanuel,

thanks for the wonderful gradle-debian-helper, it makes gradle packages
much cleaner!

> This is intended for several reasons:
> - 'gradle clean' is horribly slow
> - 'gradle clean' triggers the compilation of the buildSrc and often
> fails due to missing dependencies
>
> gradle-debian-helper attempts to detect the modules directories and
> clean them directly, this isn't perfect though and sometimes
> dh_auto_build has to be extended.

This works, but we build distribution data in /BUILD, which is
something that gradle-debian-helper doesn't know about ;-)

But why extend dh_auto_build for cleaning?

override_dh_auto_build:
	dh_auto_build -- clean build -x test

(is that what you meant?)  --> in this case, "gradle clean" won't be
executed in the dh_clean step.

or is this recommended?

override_dh_clean:
	dh_clean
  gradle clean
  [...]

or this?

override_dh_clean:
	dh_clean
  # is this safe in case the user calls debian/rules from somewhere
  #  other than the toplevel build directory?
  rm -rf BUILD
  [...]

(I guess I shall check whether ./debian exists?)

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter