Re: gradle broken in sid system

On 22.05.2015 21:26, Felix Natter wrote:
[...]
> Ok, so I don't need to do anything to keep jffi 1.2 from entering
> testing?

No, this package is completely broken in sid. See

https://packages.qa.debian.org/j/jffi.html

It is not considered for testing migration.

>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=jffi&suite=unstable
>
> => #786553

Thanks!

> But, thinking about it twice, I think we must file a bug against jruby,
> as the combination of jruby 1.5 and jffi 1.2 seems to cause this:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class
> com.kenai.jffi.InvocationBuffer, but interface was expected
> 	at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmRuntime.marshal(AsmRuntime.java:169)
> 	at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxLibC$jaffl$0.__xstat64$raw(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxLibC$jaffl$0.__xstat64(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxPOSIX.stat(LinuxPOSIX.java:109)
> 	at org.jruby.ext.posix.LazyPOSIX.stat(LazyPOSIX.java:227)
> 	at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.LibCStat.getUnixMode(LibCStat.java:41)
> 	at
> org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.GenericFileSystem.getUnixMode(GenericFileSystem.java:62)
>
> --> I think we need to upgrade jruby (quite outdated in sid,
>     i.e. 1.5->1.7) [1] or make gradle not use jruby filesystem
>     functionality (i.e. a gradle upgrade could fix this).
>
> Do you agree?

There is an ongoing effort from Tim and Miguel. They try to get a more
recent version of jruby into Debian. As usual this requires updating
tons of dependencies and jffi is one of them. So I think no further
action is required.

Just saw your e-mail. Yes, upgrading bnd is also part of the fun. :)

Cheers,

Markus