Re: Best/recommended way to search if a Java library or class is packaged

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Miguel Landaeta wrote:

> Since jar-content.txt Torsten's file is not being updated since a long
> time, I was wondering what's the current recommended way to quickly
> check if a Java library is packaged in Debian.

The future of this sort of thing (mapping between $foo in language
$bar and package $baz) is DEP-11. It is currently focussed on mapping
packages to "apps" but is in theory aimed at more general mappings,
allowing one to eventually do things like this:

apt-get install java-class:javax.servlet.Servlet

https://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11
https://wiki.debian.org/AppStream

--
bye,