Re: Best/recommended way to search if a Java library or class is packaged

I always use the following bash-based solution:

dpkg -l | grep java | awk '{ print $2 }' | xargs -I {} dpkg -L  {} | grep jar | xargs -I {} grep "javax.servlet.Servlet" {}

But I'm pretty sure there is much better tolling for such tasks...

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Le 3/12/2015 19:16, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :

> Since jar-content.txt Torsten's file is not being updated since a long
> time, I was wondering what's the current recommended way to quickly
> check if a Java library is packaged in Debian.

Maybe we could revive this tool. If the source is available somewhere I
can host the service on my server.

> I know I can use apt-file or apt-cache but sometimes that's not
> enough (IMO).

I often use sources.debian.net with queries like 'class Foo' or 'package
org.bar' to locate the source package containing a class or a package.

Emmanuel Bourg

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager