Re: maven-debian-helper=2.0~exp2 rebuild

On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 10:52 +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Curiously the pom.xml doesn't reference the install
> plugin at all. If I change the Maven packaging from bundle to jar it
> builds fine. So there is a weird interaction with the bundle plugin.

The bundle type provided by the maven-bundle-plugin defines the install
phase with a versionless maven-install-plugin goal.

  <install>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:install,
    org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:install
  </install>

I think this comes back to our conversation about Maven 3 searching for
that metadata file unless a version is explicit specified.

Looking at maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0, none of the goals specify a
version (the default ones defined in maven-core do). Curious that the
install plugin is the only one complaining...

> I'll add a dependency on libmaven-install-plugin-java in
> maven-debian-helper 2.0~exp3.

If we can get away with just installing the plugin rather than
generating metadata, so much the better. Just keep this in mind as you
may run into it again for another project type.

Cheers,
Andrew