Re: libcommons-lang-java packaging?

Hi Emmanuel,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Sergio,

Le 19/10/2015 15:37, Sergio Fernández a écrit :

> So, do you really need the build.xml for maintain
> the libcommons-lang-java.deb package?

libcommons-lang-java contains the old 2.x version, the new 3.x version
is packaged in libcommons-lang3-java and already uses Maven. So removing
the Ant build for Commons Lang will not affect Debian (this isn't true
for all Commons components though).

OK, perfect, I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1175 for tracking that.

> I've quite good experience with the jdeb plugin [2] for that, and
> I coould volunteer for the task; but I saw you use another helper method
> [3]. What would be the preferable setup?

Some help for the maintenance of the Apache Commons components (or the
other Apache Java projects) would be really welcome (we are ~10 active
developers maintaining 900 packages spanning the whole Java ecosystem).
If you are interested I can show you how updates are done and sponsor
your changes. Commit access and upload rights can also be granted to
those willing to publish directly the new releases to Debian/Ubuntu.

I can't promise that much time, but I'll do my best to help in the maintenance of packages for the Commons components and other Apache projects. Related, quite some time ago I opened a RFP for another project I'm actively involved https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=739957 So joining you, and if someone could sponsor my contributions, I could understand better how things work. So, tell me, how should we proceed next?

Thanks!

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager