libcommons-lang-java packaging?

Hi,

in the Apache Commons list is being discussed about the Ant-base build [1]. The project is using Maven as default build system for quite long, and would prefer to drop the Ant configuration from the source.

So, do you really need the build.xml for maintain the libcommons-lang-java.deb package? I think we can discuss how to make everybody's life easier. If possible Maven would be the preferable build. I've quite good experience with the jdeb plugin [2] for that, and I coould volunteer for the task; but I saw you use another helper method [3]. What would be the preferable setup?

Cheers,

[1] http://markmail.org/message/msjmua7nywumdjw5
[2] https://github.com/tcurdt/jdeb
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenDebianHelper