Re: plans for eclipse luna in debian

Am 10.10.2015 um 08:55 schrieb Luca Vercelli:
> Thank you Markus.
> It appears that there is not a single repo but a number of repos:
> https://git.eclipse.org/c/?q=e4
> and they use maven (v.3) to compile it.
> I have a question: what is the feeling of this community for Maven? Can
> it be used to compile Java programs during Debian packaging?

Hi Luca,

I think we can benefit from the good work of Eclipse's Fedora maintainer
and borrow some patches.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/eclipse.git/

According to the spec file

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/eclipse.git/tree/eclipse.spec

they merge the sources from two git repositories into one tarball. I
believe we did something similar in the past. If we use the mh_make
script from maven-debian-helper, it should be possible to quickly create
an initial debian packaging structure.

Cheers,

Markus