Re: Azureus

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:
> Am 18.08.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Stephen Nelson:
> [...]
>
> I have made some minor changes and pushed them to the git repository. I
> hope that's OK. We should probably scale Azureus.png to 128x128 pixel
> (currently it is 128x131) to avoid the Lintian warning.

Thanks for updating those files. I didn't know about them so thanks
for the pointer.

> 06_unbundle_bouncy_castle.patch is without DEP-3 header.

Thanks for catching this. Sorry I missed the header on that patch file.

> I have created a copyright_TODO file which lists all files that are not
> detected as GPL-2+ by licensecheck. Some of those files are GPL-2 only
> but as you know there are a few with unknown or unclear copyright. If
> you copy copyright_TODO into the root directory, for instance you can run
>
>         vim -p `cat copyright_TODO`
>
> to view all files which need a new license paragraph or clarification
> from upstream.

That's really helpful. I have contacted upstream and hopefully they
will clarify those files.

For the code to be compliant with DFSG does each one need a valid
header, or is a statement from upstream sufficient? I also noticed a
lot of image files used in Azureus and was not sure of their licence
so I have asked about those too.

> Hope that helps a little.
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus

Thanks for the assistance. I certainly need it!

Stephen