Re: Re: Please review insubstantial (flamingo/substance/trident)

> Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:
>
> Dear Java Team,
>
>> I am looking for someone to review my "insubstantial" package":
>>
>>  * Package name    : insubstantial (aka flamingo/substance/trident)
>>    Version         : 7.3+dfsg2-1
>>    Upstream Author : Kirill Grouchnikov
>>  * URL             : https://github.com/Insubstantial/insubstantial
>>  * License         : BSD-3-clause
>>    Section         : java
>
> could you please consider reviewing this package?
>
>> I am not filing an RFS bug yet, because we need to upload fixed r-deps
>> as well (see below), and once the package is ok, I will port the changes
>> as 7.3+dfsg1-1 to alioth.
>>
>> The current (temporary) VCS location is:
>>   https://github.com/fnatter/insubstantial-debian
>>
>> (I also uploaded to mentors.d.n. for easy access:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/package/insubstantial)

Hi Felix,

I have recently been looking at the package from a copyright
perspective, but just realized that I'm not sure I understand the plan
for the package/transition.  It currently builds the following binary
packages, all (or at least most) of which are already in archive owned
by other source packages:

  libflamingo-java
  libflamingo-java-doc
  liblaf-plugin-java
  liblaf-plugin-java-doc
  liblaf-widget-java
  liblaf-widget-java-doc
  substance
  substance-doc
  substance-flamingo
  substance-flamingo-doc
  substance-swingx
  substance-swingx-doc
  libtrident-java
  libtrident-java-doc

First are you confident that we want to use the insubstantial project as
upstream for all of these?  (And what makes you confident?)

Second, will unsubstantial be able to provide JARs with the right maven
metadata, etc. for other/new r-deps?  It seems like we're lumping the
version numbers of all of these JARs into one - 7.3.

Finally, if we do move forward with this, we'll need to remove the
source packages for all of the above.

What's the motivation for the big change?

Thanks!
tony