Re: RFS: libcommons-jxpath-java 1.3-7 [UPLOADED]

On 08/17/2015 11:48 AM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for package "libcommons-jxpath-java".
>
>    Version         : 1.3-7
>  * License         : Apache-2.0
>    Section         : java
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
>   libcommons-jxpath-java - Apache Commons JXPath - XPath expressions applied to Java objects
>   libcommons-jxpath-java-doc - Javadoc API for libcommons-jxpath-java
>
> Package source code can be accessed at pkg-java git repository:
>
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/libcommons-jxpath-java.git
>
> Changelog of this version:
>
>   * Moved the package to Git
>   * Add Jakub Adam to Uploaders
>   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.6
>   * Use xz for orig tarball compression
>   * Add OSGi metadata to JAR manifest
>
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package into sid for me.

Hi Jakub,

Because there is already an upload of 1.3 in the archive with the orig
tarball packed with gzip, we can't repack the tarball without creating a
new upstream version.  In fact, the situation leads to an error I don't
recall seeing before when trying to build the package with gbp:

> dpkg-source: error: several orig.tar files found (./libcommons-jxpath-java_1.3.orig.tar.gz and ./libcommons-jxpath-java_1.3.orig.tar.xz) but only one is allowed
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b libcommons-jxpath-java-1.3 gave error exit status 1

Since the contents of the tarballs are the same, I have imported the
orig.tar.gz into the pristine-tar branch and updated gbp.conf, but no
other changes.  Thank you for updating to the packaging repo to git and
for the update in general.  We can revert back to xz with the next
upstream release.

Cheers,
tony