Re: Review of gradle 2.5-2

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 10:11:18PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi Kai-Chung et al.,

Hi Markus,

> I have just rebuilt all reverse-dependencies of gradle. Unfortunately
> five of them FTBFS in unstable when I use the latest gradle, 2.5-2, from
> our git repository. This version is special because it can be built with
> bnd 1.50.
>
> List of broken packages:
>
> multiverse-core

I uploaded a fixed multiverse-core with the patch you proposed.
Thanks.

> openjfx

Maybe Emmanuel can help us with that.

> groovy2 (2.2 and 2.4)

Nobody is looking at it right now but I guess I'll get to it
eventually.

> libgpars-groovy-java

We (Markus and myself) can take a look at this.

> libspring-java

It turns out libspring-java is FTBFSing due to jruby changes so I'll
try to fix that. The build looked sane with gradle 2.5 until it hitted
some compilation error related to jruby.

> [...]
>
> I suggest we aim for fixing those packages first because that would
> enable us to work on some other unresolved issues. After that I start
> working on the final step of the bnd 1.50 to 2.x transition.

I agree.

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://miguel.cc/key.