Re: lintian: [new check] verify that JAR filename complies with Debian Java Policy

Le 06/07/2015 06:36, tony mancill a écrit :

> This warning is useful because
> some components of the Debian Java toolchain fail when JAR files don't
> comply with the naming policy.

Hi Tony,

For my understanding, what are the tools relying on this naming policy?
I'm asking because I'm pretty sure many packages don't strictly adhere
to the Java policy on this point (for example liblog4j1.2-java vs
/usr/share/java/log4j-1.2.jar) and I'm not under the impression it's
causing such a havoc.

Emmanuel Bourg