Re: openjdk-*-jdk, depends on -jre instead of -jre-headless

Le 05/07/2015 09:11, Jan Henke a écrit :

> I would like to open discussion, whether it is possible to make the jdk
> depend on the headless jre only. The full jre could be a recommends, so
> it does get install by default, but advanced users can choose to not
> install it.

Hi Jan,

I tend to agree but I wouldn't change the dependencies of the *-jdk
package to avoid disrupting the current installations.

We could probably add an openjdk-8-jdk-headless package depending on
openjdk-8-jre-headless, and change openjdk-8-jdk to depend on
openjdk-8-jdk-headless and openjdk-8-jre.

I don't think it makes sense to changes the openjdk-7 packages at this
point if we plan to remove them in Stretch.

Emmanuel Bourg