Re: gradle broken in sid system

Hi Natter,

The official start day of GSoC is May 26, but we have been working on packaging Gradle's missing dependencies e.g. JaCoCo and PMD. I hope this long waited update may help.

Cheers,
Kai-Chung

2015年5月23日 上午3:26 於 "Felix Natter" <fnatter@gmx.net> 寫道:
Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> writes:

> Hi Felix,

hello Markus,

> On 17.05.2015 21:04, Felix Natter wrote:
> [...]
>> Looks like a problem with jffi and jruby. Here is the Exception stack
>> trace:
>
> [...]
>
>> Shall I report a bug against gradle?
>
> Confirmed. gradle FTBFS on my system too. I think you are right and the
> latest jffi update is most likely responsible. Perhaps it would be
> better to file a bug report against jffi instead of all affected
> reverse-dependencies, just to remind us of outstanding tasks. jffi
> currently fails to build from source on all arches anyway.

Ok, so I don't need to do anything to keep jffi 1.2 from entering
testing?

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=jffi&suite=unstable

=> #786553

But, thinking about it twice, I think we must file a bug against jruby,
as the combination of jruby 1.5 and jffi 1.2 seems to cause this:

Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class
com.kenai.jffi.InvocationBuffer, but interface was expected
        at com.kenai.jaffl.provider.jffi.AsmRuntime.marshal(AsmRuntime.java:169)
        at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxLibC$jaffl$0.__xstat64$raw(Unknown Source)
        at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxLibC$jaffl$0.__xstat64(Unknown Source)
        at org.jruby.ext.posix.LinuxPOSIX.stat(LinuxPOSIX.java:109)
        at org.jruby.ext.posix.LazyPOSIX.stat(LazyPOSIX.java:227)
        at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.LibCStat.getUnixMode(LibCStat.java:41)
        at
org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.GenericFileSystem.getUnixMode(GenericFileSystem.java:62)

--> I think we need to upgrade jruby (quite outdated in sid,
    i.e. 1.5->1.7) [1] or make gradle not use jruby filesystem
    functionality (i.e. a gradle upgrade could fix this).

Do you agree?

There is some work ongoing to upgrade jruby:

When will the gradle SOC project begin?

[1] this is how this issue was fixed in jenkins:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-18314

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter