Re: Getting my feet wet with Java and Debian

Le 08/04/2015 03:45, Rogério Brito a écrit :

> My questions then are:
>
> * Is there anybody here that is going to DebCamp this year?
> * Would you be willing to answer some stupid questions and teach me the
>   basics so that I can work on theses packages (and, possibly, other
>   dependencies), as long as it helps the packaging of Java for Debian?

Hi Rogério,

Thank you for joining the party. An updated scala package would be very
welcome, it will help with the Java 8 transition (#760930).

commons-graph is an excellent choice, it has only one dependency on
junit and it's already in Debian. Using mh_make you should be able to
generate a working package with few efforts.

I won't attend DebCamp but you can find me and other packagers on
#debian-java. I'll be happy to guide you through the tools.

Emmanuel Bourg