Re: RFS: new upstream version (3.0.10) of jnr-posix

On 04/06/2015 09:39 PM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> Next on the list of Jruby dependencies is an updated version (3.0.10)
> of the jnr-posix library.  The current version in the archive is
> out-of-date (1.1.8) and requires libconstantine-java which conflicts
> with any package that requires libjnr-constants-java.  I’ve renamed
> this and converted the build system to maven-debian-helper.
>
> Included also is a rename of the source package (but retaining all
> history of the previous package) in order to be consistent with the
> growing library of jnr packages.
>
> I had meant to push this only to a new repo called jnr-posix, but
> accidentally also pushed to the existing repo, libjnr-posix-java.
> Sorry.

Hi Tim,

No worries about using the old repo.  It's nice to have all of the
history in one place.  We could rename the repo directly on Alioth.

Note that renaming the source package means that the package will have
to go through NEW again, so it may take a bit longer for the package to
make it into the archive.  It's probably worth it for the consistency.
(Alternately, we can use the old name and then try to cleanup/rename en
masse later on.)

We go forward with the rename, we should hint the FTP team so maybe it
will go more quickly.  Let me know if you're okay with that (i.e.,
waiting on NEW processing).

Cheers,
tony