Re: RFS: jffi-1.2.7 and jenkins-1.565.3-4

On 04/06/2015 05:33 AM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2015, at 7:26 pm, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Le 06/04/2015 11:11, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) a écrit :
>>
>>>  Path to dependency:
>>>  	1) com.github.jnr:jnr-ffi:jar:1.0.10
>>>  	2) com.github.jnr:jffi:jar:native:1.2.7
>>>
>>> Is there some magic required to get Maven to look in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni (or wherever) for the native JAR file?
>>
>> Here the jffi:jar:native dependency in the jnr-ffi pom should be
>> removed. It's just a matter or adding an ignore rule in the
>> debian/maven.ignoreRules files of the package bundling jnr-ffi.
>
> Thanks Emmanuel!  I added a rule (after figuring out the native classifier needs to be specified otherwise it ignores the JAR file as well) and it builds correctly now:
>
> com.github.jnr jffi jar * native *

Hi Emmanuel, hi Tim:

I'm wondering it would be less confusing/overall work if we go ahead and
ship an empty jffi-native.jar in /usj + maven artifacts in the
libjffi-java (arch:all) package, which in turn depends on the -jni package.

Or put another way, do folks think there is a downside to doing that?
It could bypass a potentially confusing step for package maintainers
that depend on jffi, and it doesn't cost much to put them in.

Thank you,
tony