Re: RFS: eclipse-pydev 3.9.2 [ITP]

On 03/06/2015 11:01 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jakub has packaged eclipse-pydev and I have updated the package to the
> latest upstream release. We are looking for someone who would like to
> sponsor this package. It can be found here:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/eclipse-pydev.git
>
> Thank you
>
> Markus

Hi Markus,

I spent some time working with the output of licensecheck and have made
some updates to d/copyright.  Note that some of the changes were merely
to reorder things - e.g., so that all upstream source files are
documented before the debian/* files.

However, I think there's still a bit to do.

Of the 2030 .java source files, 1884 are under the EPL, 6 under the CPL,
and 3 under the Apache 2.0 license.  The remaining 177 don't include any
sort of explicit license, but (at least) 86 of those are auto-generated.

So the remaining 90 or so are still to be tracked down.  Currently I
have these listed in d/copyright with a comment that notes that the
license/copyright isn't known.

For the 704 .py source files, there are 687 that don't carry any
explicit copyright information.  I'm not 100% sure what's required here
- we might reasonably assume that they are EPL like the rest of upstream
- but I'd like to do a bit more digging to try to make things clear to
the FTP team.

I'll keep working on it - just wanted to let you know why it was taking
so long.

Cheers,
tony