Re: knopflerfish-osgi update (affects libwoodstox-java)

Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> writes:

> Hi Felix,

hello Markus,

thank you very much for your review!

The changes have been pushed here:
  https://github.com/fnatter/knopflerfish-osgi

> On 27.02.2015 22:08, Felix Natter wrote:
> [...]
>> @Team:
>> Would someone want to review the package at the temporary location (see
>> above)?
>>

> here is a brief review:
>
> I don't see a major blocker but a few bits could be improved.
>
> debian/changelog:
>
> should be 5.1.0+dfsg1-1 instead of 5.1.0+dfsg3-1

Yes, I will import only once as 5.1.0+dfsg1 when I move to pkg-java.

> README.source:
>
> All upstream code related to the bundles has been removed from this
> release but README.source still claims they were included.

Thanks, I updated it:
  https://github.com/fnatter/knopflerfish-osgi/blob/master/debian/README.source

> *.dirs:
>
> You can most likely drop the dirs file because the install and links
> files automatically create the required directories. You will need dirs
> files only in very rare circumstances (very strange build systems).

Thanks, removed.

> docs:
>
> There are some experimental Lintian warnings about duplicate
> documentation files. Since there are only a few of them, it's not really
> a big deal but I would examine again if there are some overlaps between
> upstream's docs directory and the automatically created javadoc api
> because you install both into the -doc package. Other ways for
> deduplication are described here:

There are no overlaps between api/ and docs/, but most of the docs do
not relate to the framework, so I think it's better to _not_ install
docs/ at all.

--> I would put:
- api/ AND
- "index.html"
  (http://www.knopflerfish.org/releases/current/docs/bundledoc/framework/index.html) AND
- "frameworkcommands.html"
  (http://www.knopflerfish.org/releases/current/docs/bundledoc/frameworkcommands/index.html)

in the doc package (frameworkcommands/index.html is currently not
included, but I found this here:
  http://www.knopflerfish.org/releases/current/docs/bundledoc/index.html)

--> do you agree or shall I keep the complete docs?

> https://wiki.debian.org/dedup.debian.net

Interesting solutions :-)

> debian/copyright is complete but I would remove the trailing whitespaces.

Not sure what you mean, there were only two trailing spaces.
Can you please check whether it's ok now?
  https://github.com/fnatter/knopflerfish-osgi/blob/master/debian/copyright

--> is the structure of the package (removing all unnecessary source
code in debian/clean-sources, ...) OK, i.e. can I migrate the changes to
pkg-java?

> Another simple way to verify if r-deps still work is to use a local
> reprepro repository with your newly created packages and then to rebuild
> all affected packages in pbuilder/cowbuilder. See also
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks

Thanks, I will read up on this.

However, the real problem in testing r-deps is not compilation.  For
instance, freeplane will compile and run OK with another knopflerfish
version, only some features (plugins) do not work correctly. (this is
less likely to happen with version *up*grades...).

As Giovanni wrote, I will try running osmosis:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2015/02/msg00091.html
(and maybe ask for help on debian-gis so that I test the right thing)

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter