Re: knopflerfish-osgi update (affects libwoodstox-java)

Hi.

Il 27/02/2015 22:08, Felix Natter ha scritto:
>> Sure, go for it and thanks.
>
> I have now got a lintian, pbuilder clean and working (from freeplane's
> perspective) package:
>   https://github.com/fnatter/knopflerfish-osgi/
>
> (NOTE: I will move this to the pkg-java repo as soon as the structure is
> acceptable; I wanted to avoid having many gbp import-orig commits on
> pkg-java...)
>
> @Giovanni: libwoodstox-java compiles with the new knopflerfish,
> but how I check whether it (and its rdeps libsolr-java, libxstream-java
> and libjenkins-xstream-java) still works?

I have no special clue here, I never worked with these packages. I
uploaded a couple of versions of libwoodstox a lot of time ago because
it was required by osmosis, which I do not maintain anymore (funnily,
the current osmosis version still lists libwoodstox-java as a build
dependency, but not as a dependency; this might indicate that the
library is not required anymore, but nobody remembered to strip it away
from the build dependencies).

My personal suggestion is to:
 * build a new version of libwoodstox-java;
 * try to re-build the reverse dependencies (including osmosis) and see
if everything works (in order to do this debomatic is a very useful tool);
 * contact maintainers for the reverse dependencies and ask them to
check the new package as well;
 * if everything is ok, upload new version (and check whether reverse
dependencies have to be re-built as well; if API is stable enough,
probably not).

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <giovanni.mascellani@sns.it>
PhD Student - Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy

http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani